“I failed,” I thought. “I missed the sales goal I set for this year.” (goal was 100% increase YOY, we hit 89%). But then I remembered why I started this company:
- To spend more time with my family
- To work with a variety of exciting clients
- To HELP people, especially non-profits.
So, I looked back over the past year. This year we were able to:
- Work with 23 clients including 3 Fortune 500s
- Help 4 non-profits make a real difference in their communities
- Set 5 start-ups companies up for success in both the short-term and the long-term
- Give away a lot knowledge that will help a lot of people via content and speaking events
And at the same time, I was able to:
- Pick my kids up from school almost every day
- Coach my sons’ soccer team (not once, but twice – including an all-star game)
- Take family vacations (plural – you can’t do that in corporateland!)
THOSE are the things that matter to me. Thus, I’m calling this year a landslide success.
Maybe you should too.
I’m not saying rest on your laurels, but I am saying to appreciate the good times – they don’t always last for long.
And most importantly, there are more important things than revenue.